Certified Mine Safety Professional
Code of Conduct
As a Certified Mine Safety Professional (CMSP) recognized by the International Academy of Mine Safety & Health of the Society of Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (IAMSH of SME), I recognize my work has an impact on the protection of people and property.
I shall uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the mine safety and health profession by:
- Enhancing protection of people and property through leadership and understanding;
- Providing honest, impartial service to the public, employees, employers and clients;
- Endeavoring to improve my competence of the mine safety and health profession;
- Maintaining the highest degree of ethical and professional conduct.
Further, I shall:
- Advise employers, clients, employees or appropriate authorities when my professional judgment indicates the protection of people or property is unacceptably at risk;
- Only perform professional services that I am competent to perform;
- Act in an objective and truthful manner in accordance with the authority bestowed on me;
- Act in professional matters as a faithful agent or trustee and avoid conflict of interest;
- Build my professional reputation on merit of service;
- Act without discrimination regarding religion, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability;
- Advance the safety, health and well-being of my community(s) and my profession by sharing my knowledge.
Apply Now Contact Us